Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks

(click to enlarge)


This blog, focused as it is on current issues, tends to present only a partial window into my attitudes. Let there be no mistake: I am a thankful man. I'm blessed by God with a wife and three sons, and between us many years of treasured memories. I'm blessed with employment, through which God has provided abundance for our family and the opportunity to bless others in His name. We are blessed to live in a land that, while troubled and confused, is not in violent disorder or subject to the law of the gun.

Most of all, I'm thankful for the provision God made to reconcile me -- an undeserving sinner -- to Himself, and that all of my family have accepted and share in that provision (my youngest will be baptized this Sunday, praise God!).

Words alone cannot express the peace, joy and thankfulness of a soul in the presence of such grace...

No comments:

Site Meter