Monday, October 31, 2011

The spirits of the day

I realize I posted this five years ago...
but Truth is always worth repeating!
Happy Reformation Day!
********************************************************

On the 31st day of October,
fun and spirits abound.

But there's only one Spirit of truth and love,
in whom salvation is found.

Candy is great, and fun is a blessing,
but don't think it's just a story,

That "God so loved" each one of us,
He sent His Son from Glory.

The devil's ecstatic when everyone thinks
he's a myth wearing red underwear. *

The truth is he's real, and so are his servants,
all eager their evil to share.

On Calvary's cross Christ called to us all,
and said "this is how much I love you."

He died, then rose, then sent His Ghost.
(One who's too busy to say 'boo.')

So in the midst of costumes and parties and treats,
consider what things are unseen.

These Halloween visions of evil and death,
what does it all really mean?

God's left us a choice, which spirits to follow,
hoping we'll answer His call.

Invite HIS Spirit to transform your life,
and this world isn't scary at all!

______________________________
* "I know someone will ask me, 'Do you really mean, at this time of day, to reintroduce our old friend the devil--hoofs and horns and all?' Well, what the time of day has to do with it I do not know. And I am not particular about the hoofs and horns. But in other respects my answer is 'Yes, I do.' I do not claim to know anything about his personal appearance. If anybody really wants to know him better I would say to that person, 'Don't worry. If you really want to, you will. Whether you'll like it when you do is another question.'" 

C.S. Lewis,
Mere Christianity

No comments:

Site Meter